Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by Alec Taylor <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/07 15:09:02 UTC

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release OpenNLP 1.5.2 RC 4

No worries.

What does non-binding mean?

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
The vote is now cancelled on the general list and we
need to prepare and additional release candidate.

Jörn

Posted by "william.colen@gmail.com" <wi...@gmail.com>.

RE: any hints on how to get chunking info from Parse?

Posted by Boris Galitsky <bg...@hotmail.com>.

> You are doing it then twice. The chunk information is already present inside
> the parse tree.

I will now focus on getting it from there. Doing that I also keep adding more JUNIT tests in the similarity component
Boris

RE: any hints on how to get chunking info from Parse?

Posted by Boris Galitsky <bg...@hotmail.com>.

> Sorry I'm a bit late to this discussion. I think it is fine to have a
> default way that similarity is assessed, but it shouldn't be completely hid
> from the user that there may be other choices. For example, have you done
> standard similarity based on the standard bag-of-words model?

I 've got the code, it is pretty basic, which will also do bag-of-words.
I will add it

 That's at
> least needed as a baseline to see whether the chunks and tree structures
> are helping. (Sorry in advance if this is not addressing the questions and
> such -- I seem to be missing some context in the discussion.)
>
> FWIW, it is entirely possible for a chunker to produce better local
> structure than a full parser. This is pretty well known in the dependency
> parsing literature (e.g. see the comparison of MaltParser and MSTParser by
> Nivre and McDonald). Also, if you want unsupervised chunks, you might check
> out work that Elias Ponvert, Katrin Erk, and I did on using HMMs for this
> (and cascading them to get full parses). Code and paper available here:
>
> http://elias.ponvert.net/upparse

Yes, will take a look

Regards
Boris

Posted by Jason Baldridge <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sorry I'm a bit late to this discussion. I think it is fine to have a
default way that similarity is assessed, but it shouldn't be completely hid
from the user that there may be other choices. For example, have you done
standard similarity based on the standard bag-of-words model? That's at

Posted by Boris Galitsky <bg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Boris Galitsky <bg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Jörn