Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Mahmood Naderan <nt...@yahoo.com> on 2014/04/05 12:50:09 UTC

Nutch code

Hello,
I have two questions regarding the Nutch code base.
1- In src/java/org/apache/nutch/Indexer.jva, the most important part is a call to "JobClient.runJob(job);" but I cannot find the definition of runJob. Grepping the code shows that there are many call to this function.

2- Which sorting algorithm is used in  src/java/org/apache/nutch/IndexSorter.java? Binary sort, quick sort, ...

Regards,
Mahmood

Re: Nutch code

Posted by anupamk <an...@usc.edu>.
1. It's part of hadoop source.

See org/apache/hadoop/mapred/JobClient.java

2. Whatever java.utils.Arrays.sort() uses. And that depends on the java
implementation. For Oracle 1.6 Java It's either insertion sort for array
size less than 7 and merge sort for greater array size.