Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/29 21:52:55 UTC

Rackspace VM and Standing up Tika Server

Hi Tim,
Can you please fill us in with the current status with the Tika + Rackspace
effort.
I have neglected this so apologies.
I want to document what is available on the Tika wiki so we do not loose it
again.
I want to get a Tika Server running on Rackspace and we can redirect
tika-vm.apache.org to it.
This can be used by the masses until a Web App is available then we can
stand them both up.
Thanks Tim for any feedback.
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Rackspace VM and Standing up Tika Server

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Allison, Timothy B. <ta...@mitre.org>
wrote:

>   For TIKA-1302, the server is up and running but hasn’t “gone live”.  I’m
> waiting on the lawyers before I turn anything on.  I also want to fix the
> PDF permissions issue before publishing anything.  More work remains on the
> summary statistics generation, but progress is being made.  Many thanks to
> Julien Nioche for contributing a good slice of Common Crawl data.  I need
> to figure out how to get more storage…I’ve been away from this task since
> mid December, and hope to get back in early Feb.

Sounds dynamite Tim.

>   So, there’s plenty of compute power available for TIKA-1301 for now.
> I’ve given access to a few folks, and would be happy to give you and/or
> Tyler access to setup Tika server.

Yes please. Apache username lewismc
Thanks Tim

>   Did I miss anything?

Nope, not at all.Absolutely spot on Tim.

RE: Rackspace VM and Standing up Tika Server

I want to get a Tika Server running on Rackspace and we can redirect tika-vm.apache.org<http://tika-vm.apache.org> to it.