Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com> on 2015/05/01 06:31:24 UTC

Re: DUCC- process_dd

Eddie,

I was using this same scenario and doing hit and try to compare this
with UIMA AS to get the more scaled pipeline as I think UIMA AS can also
did this. But I am unable to touch the processing time of DUCC's default
configuration like you mentioned with UIMA AS.

Can you help me in doing this? I just want to do scaling by using best
configuration of UIMA AS and DUCC which can be done using process_dd.
But How??

Thanks in advanced.

Reshu.

Re: DUCC- process_dd

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Reshu,

UIMA-AS configurations are normally used in DUCC as Services for
interactive applications or to support Jobs. They can be used in Jobs, but
typically are not.

There is also a difference in the inputs between Job processes and
Services. Services will normally receive a CAS with the artifact to be
analyzed. A Job process will receive a CAS with reference to the artifact
or even collection of artifacts; this is important for Job scale out to
avoid making the Job's Collection Reader a bottleneck.

I suggest starting with one of the sample applications and adapting it to
your needs. We can help if you give some details about the format of the
input and output data.

Eddie