Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ersin Er <er...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr> on 2005/06/14 14:59:48 UTC

[MINA] Selectors

Hi,

Does Mina provide only multithreaded applications? Doesn't it provide
any mechanisms for using Selectors from NIO?

Thanks.

-- Ersin

Re: [MINA] Selectors

Posted by Vinod Panicker <vi...@gmail.com>.
On 6/15/05, Ersin Er <er...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr> wrote:
> Vinod Panicker wrote:
>
> >On 6/14/05, Ersin Er <er...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr> wrote:

--snip--

> Is there any performance benchmark for singlethreaded vs. multithreaded
> model using MINA?

It's there in the roadmap, but no benchmarks are available as yet.
Generally speaking, there should not be more threads than are
absolutely necessary, since context switches take precious CPU time.
NIO raw performance has been found to be not as good as the plain old
blocking IO (by myself and others).  But NIO definitely provides
scalability benefits.

Trustin, JMeter has been working on some raw TCP benchmarking module.
Maybe we could take a look at that sometime.

Regards,
Vinod.

Re: [MINA] Selectors

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

2005/6/15, Ersin Er <er...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr>:

> Is there any performance benchmark for singlethreaded vs. multithreaded
> model using MINA?

 None yet. We need to create a benchmark suite. This is known issue and we
will release test toolkit before we release 0.8
 Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/

Re: [MINA] Selectors

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@cs.hacettepe.edu.tr>.