Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Uma G. Nayak" <Um...@mindtree.com> on 2010/01/27 15:10:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache server not starting after Symantec Antivirus update

Hi All,

I am using Apache Webserver (version ) which is FIPS enabled using OpenSSL. As long as I have used Symantec Antivirus (11.0 - patch update MR4MP2) the webserver was working fine. When I updated my antivirus to (11.0.5002.333 i.e. patch update RU5) apache webserver stopped working. I can install the server in my machine, but it refuses to start. It crashes and says 'failed to load libeay32.dll'.

Is there any known conflicts between Apache WebServer and Symantec Antivirus? If so, what is the work around. Could anyone help on this?

Thanks & Regards,
Uma G. Nayak