Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Sue Woolf <su...@aliceadsl.fr> on 2014/04/19 20:49:03 UTC

Migration from OpenOffice 3 to new version 4

Hello

I just downloaded the new version of Open Office Calc, migrating thus from vsn 3 to vsn 4.

Annoyingly I HAVE LOST AN IMPORTANT SPREADSHEET…why was it not converted into the new format under the new version I downloaded…I am cross!

Tried to do a system restore to get rid of new version, did not work…

S.Woolf

Sent from Windows Mail

Re: Migration from OpenOffice 3 to new version 4

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 18:49:03 -0000, Sue Woolf <su...@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> I just downloaded the new version of Open Office Calc, migrating thus from vsn 3 to vsn 4.
>
> Annoyingly I HAVE LOST AN IMPORTANT SPREADSHEET…why was it not converted into the new format under the new version I downloaded…I am cross!
>
> Tried to do a system restore to get rid of new version, did not work…

you mean you created a spreadsheet with an old version and now the new version can't open it? then, what extension does your spreadsheet have? corel's quattro pro spreadsheets (*.qpw) are no longer supported due to license incompatibility, and so does legacy staroffice file format, *.sdc.

Re: Migration from OpenOffice 3 to new version 4

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
Sue Woolf wrote:
> Hello
>
> I just downloaded the new version of Open Office Calc, migrating thus from vsn 3 to vsn 4.
>
> Annoyingly I HAVE LOST AN IMPORTANT SPREADSHEET…why was it not converted into the new format under the new version I downloaded…I am cross!
>
> Tried to do a system restore to get rid of new version, did not work…

The new version uses the same file formats as the old, so there should
be no issue there.  I have been using OpenOffice for years and never had
a problem moving between versions.  Why do you think there's a problem.
What error messages are you getting?  Did you download from
www.openoffice.org?  I hope you didn't pay someone for it, as it's free.