Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by csckid <te...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/27 12:12:32 UTC

autocomplete

I am trying to test Autocomplete using tapestry5. I get the following
exception:

Render queue error in BeginRender[About:fnametf]: Parameter 'translate' of
component About:fnametf is bound to null. This parameter is not allowed to
be null.

About.tml
      xmlns:t="http://tapestry.apache.org/schema/tapestry_5_1_0.xsd"
      xmlns:p="tapestry:parameter">

		<form t:type="form">
			Type in a country name:
			<input t:id="fNameTf" t:type="TextField" t:mixins="autocomplete"
value="matches"/>
		</form>

About.java
package com.kids.crm.pages;

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;

import org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Persist;
import org.apache.tapestry5.annotations.Property;
import org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.annotations.Inject;

import com.kids.crm.dao.DatabaseDao;
import com.kids.crm.dao.WholeSaleMemberDao;
import com.kids.crm.db.TruckWoodPrice;

public class About {

	@Property
	private List<String> matches;

	@Inject
	private WholeSaleMemberDao wholeSaleMemberDao;

	List<String> onProvideCompletionsFromfNameTf(String partial) {
		partial = partial.toUpperCase();
		matches = wholeSaleMemberDao.getWholeSaleMembersPartialFName(partial);
		return matches;
	}

}

Re: autocomplete

Posted by csckid <te...@gmail.com>.
Thank you I was able to do it.
How can I change the background color of autocomplete mixin?

Re: autocomplete

Posted by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk>.
Try assigning the <t:textfield /> to a String as oppose to a List.

 @Property
 private String matches;

As textboxes generally update a String.

You'll then have to provide an event handler for "provideCompletions"
as described here:

http://tapestry.apache.org/5.2/tapestry-core/ref/org/apache/tapestry5/corelib/mixins/Autocomplete.html

Steve.