Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com> on 2006/10/19 03:14:14 UTC

jsr173-api-1.0.jar and stax_api-1.0.jar

Does anyone has any idea why we have both jsr173-api-1.0.jar and
stax_api-1.0.jar? They seem to contain the same set of binary classes,
which all belong to Stax api classes.

Thanks,
Bo

Re: jsr173-api-1.0.jar and stax_api-1.0.jar

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 10/19/06, Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com> wrote:
> There does have another public jsr173-api.jar available here [1], and
> that one seems to be one that CXF is getting.

Though my build error was not CXF not finding that jar, it was the Sun
jaxb maven plugin not finding a different dependent jar, namely
javax.xml:jsr173:jar:1.0

It turns out if I zapped my ~/.m2/repository/com/sun directory and
tried again, it seems to work now!  It could be the dependency changed
in a more recent distro or something.

Damn these random local maven repos! :)
--

James
-------

Re: jsr173-api-1.0.jar and stax_api-1.0.jar

Posted by Bozhong Lin <bl...@iona.com>.
I can build cxf without any problem.

There does have another public jsr173-api.jar available here [1], and
that one seems to be one that CXF is getting. The same api jar appears
in multiple places in public repo, isn't this confusing? Hope someone
can clean it up in the future.

Regards,
Bo

[1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/javax/xml/bind/jsr173_api/1.0/

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

--

James
-------

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Wednesday October 18 2006 9:15 pm, Dan Diephouse wrote:
> Bozhong Lin wrote:
> > Does anyone has any idea why we have both jsr173-api-1.0.jar and
> > stax_api-1.0.jar? They seem to contain the same set of binary
> > classes, which all belong to Stax api classes.
> Probably errors in dependency's poms. Some include stax-api, some
> include jsr173. I suppose the later is more correct, but the former has
> been around long (then maven people didn't add jsr173 until later).
> Also, the stax API's current version is 1.0.1 so we might want to think
> about using that, however probably not critical ifit involves a lot of
> POM changes.

Just FYI: changing version numbers should NEVER involve a "lot of POM
changes."    There is a dependencyManagement section of the top level pom
that should define all the versions of the "stuff" that is depended on by
all the other artifacts.    In ALL the other poms, the <version> tag
should be left out of all dependencies so the version in the top level
pom is picked up.    Thus, it's "easy" to update the entire tree.

Enjoy!
--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: jsr173-api-1.0.jar and stax_api-1.0.jar

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 18, 2006, at 6:15 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> Bozhong Lin wrote:
>
>> Does anyone has any idea why we have both jsr173-api-1.0.jar and
>> stax_api-1.0.jar? They seem to contain the same set of binary
>> classes, which all belong to Stax api classes.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bo
>
> Probably errors in dependency's poms. Some include stax-api, some
> include jsr173. I suppose the later is more correct, but the former
> has been around long (then maven people didn't add jsr173 until
> later). Also, the stax API's current version is 1.0.1 so we might
> want to think about using that, however probably not critical ifit
> involves a lot of POM changes.

I have not personally tried this but I've been told that the stax-api
1.0.1 version includes fixes to some bugs present in the jsr173 jar
and stax-api 1.0 jar that prevent stax from working on non-sun jdks
such as the ibm jdk. For integration with geronimo it will make our
life simpler if you use the stax-api 1.0.1 jar.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Btw, where did you find the jsr173 jar in public repo ?
The public ones only include the pom:
http://repo.mergere.com/maven2/javax/xml/jsr173/1.0/

--
Cheers,