Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by weffen zhang <we...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/16 17:15:46 UTC

Can Html convert to PDF?

Helo all,

i am looking for a best solution for converting html
to pdf.

Some friends recommended HTMLDOC, but i dont think it
is a good choice because it cannot support non-english
charset, such as chinese, japanese..

I am excited that i found FOP, maybe we can convert:
Html->XHTML->FO->PDF??

Am i crazy? or anyone has ever had the same idea as
mine? Any done projects or half-done project about
HTML2FO? If no, is it too difficult??

Any sugestion will be high appreciated!

Re: Can Html convert to PDF?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
> you may also
> have to convert the html to xhtml, probably by hand.

The "tidy" or "jtidy" utility can do this for you, see
http://lempinen.net/sami/jtidy

 -- Bertrand Delacrétaz, www.codeconsult.ch
 -- web technologies consultant - OO, Java, XML, C++

Re: Can Html convert to PDF?

Posted by Micah Blake McCurdy <mi...@hfx.eastlink.ca>.
I have done this and I'm sure you can do it too - the only trick is that
you'll have to write an XSLT to convert the Xhtml into fo - you may also have
to convert the html to xhtml, probably by hand.

Micah

Re: Can Html convert to PDF?

Posted by Arto Viitanen <av...@cs.uta.fi>.

weffen zhang wrote:

> Helo all,
>
> i am looking for a best solution for converting html
> to pdf.

I have used Adobe's Acrobat (the real thing, not
the reader-only). It has this option to convert given
url to a pdf-file. I have used it also to print
web-pages normal browser has problem handling (mainly
because they are too wide). Acrobat 5 has support for CSS,
so it might be even better (I have 4).

--
Arto V. Viitanen				                  av@cs.uta.fi
University of Tampere, Department of Computer and Information Sciences

Re: Can Html convert to PDF?

Posted by Petr Andrs <pa...@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>.
Open in browser and print it to Acrobat Distiller, or haw is that
device named.

pa