Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Kristinn RĂșnarsson <kr...@activitystream.com> on 2016/07/21 14:09:13 UTC

Best practices for drill and hdfs cluster configuration.

Hi,

Can anyone share with me best practices for configuring Drill to query a
HDFS cluster. The Drill documentation gives good explanation on how to
start Drill in distributed mode (
https://drill.apache.org/docs/starting-drill-in-distributed-mode/). Is that
the recommended setup to run queries on hdfs? I am wondering if there is
different Drill configuration, that is more suited to hdfs and might give
better performance than the configuration explained in the documentation?

It would be interesting to hear what the drill community thinks is the best
way of setting Drill up to query a hdfs cluster.

Best,
Kristinn R.