Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/23 09:47:55 UTC

Getting the Tuscany model objects for a contribution

Someone was asking me about how to load a contribution and get the
Tuscany model objects for its artifacts so I've just committed a
testcase to show one way of doing that, see:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/modules/domain-node/src/test/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/impl/DeployerTestCase.java

That loads a contribution jar and then gets the composite, component
and service thats in the contribution. The main part of the code is:

        Node node = TuscanyRuntime.newInstance().createNode();
        String curi =
node.installContribution("src/test/resources/sample-helloworld.jar");
        node.validateContribution(curi);
        Contribution contribution = node.getContribution(curi);

If you wanted to run that in a separate Maven build outside of the
domain-node module build then the simplest dependency to use in a
Maven pom.xml is:

      <dependency>
         <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.sca</groupId>
         <artifactId>tuscany-base-runtime</artifactId>
         <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      </dependency>

That seems the simplest approach to me, there are other ways such as
using the Deployer directly, does anyone want to show some code to do
that?

   ...ant

Re: Getting the Tuscany model objects for a contribution

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 4:38 AM, Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 1:17 PM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Someone was asking me about how to load a contribution and get the
>> Tuscany model objects for its artifacts so I've just committed a
>> testcase to show one way of doing that, see:
>>

>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/modules/domain-node/src/test/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/impl/DeployerTestCase.java
>>
>> That loads a contribution jar and then gets the composite, component
>> and service thats in the contribution. The main part of the code is:
>>
>>        Node node = TuscanyRuntime.newInstance().createNode();
>>        String curi =
>> node.installContribution("src/test/resources/sample-helloworld.jar");
>>        node.validateContribution(curi);
>>        Contribution contribution = node.getContribution(curi);
>>
>> If you wanted to run that in a separate Maven build outside of the
>> domain-node module build then the simplest dependency to use in a
>> Maven pom.xml is:
>>
>>      <dependency>
>>         <groupId>org.apache.tuscany.sca</groupId>
>>         <artifactId>tuscany-base-runtime</artifactId>
>>         <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>      </dependency>
>
> It seems like  "2.0-SNAPSHOT" is not there in the Maven public repository,
> instead 2.0-Beta2.
>
> Is it okay to use 2.0-Beta2?
>>
>> That seems the simplest approach to me, there are other ways such as
>> using the Deployer directly, does anyone want to show some code to do
>> that?
>>
>>   ...ant

When you build current trunk, the 2.-SNAPSHOT will be available in
your local maven repo, and it's also available in the apache snapshot
repository [1]

[1] https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/tuscany/sca/tuscany-assembly/

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Getting the Tuscany model objects for a contribution

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Best Regards,