Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de> on 2005/01/28 10:40:50 UTC

maximum body size in http request

Hi list,

I am using jakarta Slide inside a JBoss3.2.3/Tomcat4.1.

Now I encounteres a problem. I tried to PUT files larger then 2 GB to the webdav-server.

There was a Problem inside Slide because they read the content-length from the request as an int, and so a filesize larger then 2 GB
resultet in a negativ content-length because the maxValue of int was exceeded.

But after changing this to a long and receiving the correct content-length it was not possible to upload the whole file, which has a
size of about 4 GB.

So now the question is whether this might be a tomcat related problem.
Is there a limitation of the content-length in HttpRequests handled by tomcat /coyote-connector?

thanks in advance

SVen