Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Stella Lok <oi...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/26 11:58:01 UTC

Web server stopped responding to requests until restart

Hi,

I am using WAS CE 2.0.0.2 with ActiveMQ 5.2.0. While doing load
testing, I encountered situations when the web server (which is the
Tomcat embedded in WAS CE) permanently (until restart) stopped
responding to any HTTP requests (the catalina log stops logging new
requests), and none of the apps nor the admin console can be accessed
anymore. When that happens, the WAS CE java process' CPU utilization
would invariably be permanently stuck at around the 50% level, even if
I completely stop accessing the server.

I did a thread dump whenever this occurred, and most of the time I do
not see any blocked threads, only runnable, parked and
waiting-on-condition threads. Once, I was able to see that there were
4 blocked ActiveMQ threads, though I'm not sure if this is related.

I would be most grateful if someone could help guide me to possible
causes of the problem.

Thank you

Re: Web server stopped responding to requests until restart

Posted by viola lu <vi...@gmail.com>.
from my side, it's http server configuration limitation.After peformance
tune, it works well now.

--
viola

Re: Web server stopped responding to requests until restart

Posted by Stella Lok <oi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "viola.lu" <vi...@gmail.com>.
HI, I seems met the same question.If i just set up http server+wasce without
activemq, http requests are served well, but after add activemq, http
requests success percent became lower.

Posted by Stella Lok <oi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kevan,

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.