Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vikas Phonsa <VP...@suz.com> on 2003/10/15 01:56:55 UTC

Maven installation

Hi Everybody,

I just started with Maven today. Was trying to install it but somethings
aren't working according to the instructions on the maven site. I would
appreciate help with the following:

1. What is the latest version of Maven recommended to be used. There are so
many on the download site. Which one should I use.

2. I saw the instructions on http://maven.apache.org/start/install.html
I have downloaded maven-1.0-beta-8.zip as well as maven-1.0-beta-10.zip but
I can't find the install_repo.bat to use as mentioned in the instructions on
that webpage.

If I run one of those mave-install-b3.exes I don't get the structure as
specified in the install instructions.

Any ideas, suggestions

Vikas

From: Vikas Phonsa <VP...@suz.com>
To:
"'users-sc.1066175404.aigebfecdochokgcidbi-VPhonsa=suz.com@maven.apache.org'
"

<us...@maven.apache.org>
Subject: RE: confirm subscribe to users@maven.apache.org
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:49:45 -0700

From: Vikas Phonsa <VP...@suz.com>
To: "'users-subscribe@maven.apache.org'"
	 <us...@maven.apache.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 16:49:26 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C392AD.CCEA3C2A

------_=_NextPart_001_01C392AD.CCEA3C2A

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;