Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2013/09/28 17:53:08 UTC

Is it OK to commit to trunk?

Hi all,

I've got a bunch of small changes to Rat sitting on my local machine.
Before I commit them, I wanted to ask if it's OK to commit to trunk,
due to the pending changes made through GSOC.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Is it OK to commit to trunk?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 09/28/13 17:03, Manuel Suárez Sánchez wrote:
> Hi Dennis,
>
> Now My changes of GSOC is finished but it isn´t Merge with the trunk, I
> can´t do it. I think that Robert will do it in a few days.
> Here you can see my fork with all of the changes:
>
> https://github.com/elnuma/creadur-rat/tree/gsoc
>
> And you can review if you have any conflict.

Thanks for diving in Manuel :-)

And apologies for being so late to the party (the last month has been
difficult for me and I've been offline most of the time)

I'm sure we'll be able to sort out any conflicts so please feel free to
dive in...

Robert

Re: Is it OK to commit to trunk?

Posted by Manuel Suárez Sánchez <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dennis,

Now My changes of GSOC is finished but it isn´t Merge with the trunk, I
can´t do it. I think that Robert will do it in a few days.
Here you can see my fork with all of the changes:

https://github.com/elnuma/creadur-rat/tree/gsoc

And you can review if you have any conflict.

Manuel.

Merging In GSOC [WAS Re: Is it OK to commit to trunk?]

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 11/16/13 09:40, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> On 09/28/13 16:53, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
>> Hi all,
>
> Hi Dennis
>
>> I've got a bunch of small changes to Rat sitting on my local machine.
>> Before I commit them, I wanted to ask if it's OK to commit to trunk,
>> due to the pending changes made through GSOC.
>
> It'd be great to have your changes in trunk before merging the GSoc
> stuff. But if that's not possible, then I'd be happy to take a look at a
> patch if you're short of time.

I'm starting to take a look at bringing the GSoc code in from github today

My current thinking is that I'll consolidate Manual's code
(https://github.com/elnuma/creadur-rat) into my repo
(https://github.com/itstechupnorth/creadur-rat). I'll probably create
and apply changes first to a new branch in subversion (called gsoc-2013,
say) so everyone can take a look. Then they can be merged into trunk.

Opinions...?
Objections...?
Feedback...?

Robert

Re: Is it OK to commit to trunk?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 11/26/13 20:58, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> All done!

Great :-)

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 8:21 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Seems I spoke to soon...
>> I need to fix the failing tests first.
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hi Robert

Hi Dennis

>>> All my changes have been checked into trunk now.
>>> Feel free to merge when you have the time and strength for it.

I'm feeling good ATM, currently 375/555 commits into the merger of the
GitHub code into the branch :-)

>>> Give me a shout if you run into conflicts because of my changes.

Great I will do

I aspire to having the GSoc code in the subversion branch by the end of
the week, so hopefully I'll be merging in your changes at the weekend :-)

Robert

Re: Is it OK to commit to trunk?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
All done!

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Is it OK to commit to trunk?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Seems I spoke to soon...

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Is it OK to commit to trunk?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Is it OK to commit to trunk?

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <rd...@apache.org>.
On 09/28/13 16:53, Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Dennis