Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Ian O' Keeffe <ok...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 22:22:20 UTC

getRemoteUser

Hi,

I have developed a portlet that uses the request.getRemoteUser() method in
order to retrieve the id of the current user. This works fine when I deploy
the portlet on Pluto. However, when I use the portlet using WSRP4J (wsrp4j
producer with pluto 1.16 on tomcat 5.5.20) the remoteUser string is null.

I have read a few posts from a few years ago that discuss this issue

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WSRP4J-49?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12359082

http://www.mail-archive.com/wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org/msg00223.html

But the 'problem' still seems to be present in WSRP4J.

Does anybody have a quick solution to the issue. Modifying WSRP4J and
recompiling it would be a solution except that I am currently having issues
deploying the latest WSRP4J from SVN due to a problem with
applicationContext.xml (see my previous post).

The second solution seems to be to invoke pluto APIs directly as in the
second link that I have provided. My problem with this is that I'm not sure
how to satisfy the dependency for the required libraries in my Maven pom.xml
file.

If any body can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate
it.

Thanks in advance,

Ian