Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Fleischman <ma...@lacima.com> on 2000/04/06 20:41:37 UTC

Problems starting up tomcat on NT

I am currently getting a:

java.net.BindException: Address in use

when starting up tomcat. Has anyone come across this?

I am fairly sure the port 8007 is not being used by any other service (ran
some software to ping the port) . I have even tried with Apache not running
though currently it is using port 80 and that should not interfere.  Apache
is working fine.

How can I tell for sure what host  & port tomcat is using - from the
tomcat.properties file? It is clear what Apache is expecting but not where
Tomcat is picking up this info??? Does the
tomcat (start) script take some arguments to force these kinds of settings?
What else can I check?

Here is the stack trace:

FATAL: java.net.BindException: Address in use: bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: bind
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
         at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:390)
         at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:173)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createSocket(Default
ServerSocketFactory.java:103)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.startEndpoint(SimpleTcpEn
dpoint.java:188)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpConnector.start(SimpleTcpConnector
.java:140)
         at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.start(ContextManager.java, Comp
iled Code)
         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:124)
         at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:130)

Here is my setup:

Windows NT sp 6
JDK 1.2.2-001
Apache 1.3.12 for windows