Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Atul Kumar Tripathi <At...@virtusa.com> on 2011/01/04 09:31:02 UTC

Re indexing particular document(s) using JackRabbit 2.2 without deleting/restoring indexes folder.....

Hi,

How can I re-index particular document(s) using JackRabbit 2.2 without deleting/restoring indexes folder.

Here is my use case:

I added some MS Office 2007 documents (docx, pptx, xlxs) using jackrabbit 1.6 which doesn't provide me feature of full text search for above types of documents.

Now I want to upgrade my Jackrabbit to version 2.2.

As indexes were created for above documents while adding them with jackrabbit 1.6 itself so I am not able to perform content search on already added MS Office 2007 documents with Jackrabbit 2.2.

Is this possible to re-index particular document(s).

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards.
Atul Tripathi

Virtusa was recently ranked and featured in 2010 Deloitte Technology Fast 500, 2010 Global Services 100, IAOP's 2010 Global Outsourcing 100 sub-list and 2010 FinTech 100 among others.

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized disclosure, use, dissemination, copying, or distribution of this message or any of its attachments or the information contained in this e-mail, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message.