Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sn...@cob.org on 2006/10/10 01:42:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Naming access logs using mod_log_rotate

Sorry..took me a sec to realize this wasn't an apache thing.  You can do
this with mod_log_rotate with a new release that just added this feature.
See:

http://www.apachelounge.com/

Tried it using their example and it works great.

____________________________
Steven Niedermeyer
Bellingham, WA

             "David Salisbury"
             <salisbury@globe.
             gov>                                                       To
                                       <us...@httpd.apache.org>
             10/09/2006 04:03                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [users@httpd] Naming access
             Please respond to         logs
             users@httpd.apach
                   e.org

I believe logrotate is meant to rename the original "hard coded" file.
I don't think you need the variable.

-ds