Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Veerasamy, Thirumalai (Cognizant)" <VT...@chn.cognizant.com> on 2004/03/29 14:36:00 UTC

Dependency - If version is not specified, should it consider '-' or not?

Hi,

  I specify a dependency like given below.

 <dependency>
  <groupId>group</groupid>
  <artifactId>artifact</artifactId>
 </dependency>

  Though I didn't specify a version for that file it still expects as
group/group-artifact-.jar. Is this the expected behaviour? Shouldn't it
ignore '-' if version is not specified.

Regards,
Thiru

Re: Dependency - If version is not specified, should it consider '-' or not?

Posted by ra...@gmx.de.
Hi,

try using
 <dependency>
  <groupId>group</groupid>
  <artifactId>artifact</artifactId>
  <jar>jarname</jar>
 </dependency>

like described here :
http://maven.apache.org/reference/project-descriptor.html#dependencies

jar	The name of jar file if it doesn't respect <artifactId>-<version>.jar
pattern

Regards
Christopher