Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by madhavan kumar <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/27 04:33:57 UTC

Listen interface

hi all,
   On my ubuntu 14.04 machine, i have a virt-manager/libvirtd private
network running. And that has made a virtual network interface, virbr0
with ip 192.168.122.1.
   in my kafka broker settings, i have set the host.name property to
the host name of the machine.
   When i do netstat -lntp | grep 9092, it listens for connection
requests only on 192.168.122.1 and ignores requests with ip as
127.0.0.1/localhost. I can't make host.name as localhost/127.0.0.1 as
the connection requests can come from both the local machine and the
remote machines.

So, setting host.name is not an option for me. But still how can i
ensure kafka broker listens on the interface 0.0.0.0 and hence handle
connections from localhost/127.0.0.1/hostname, (or) for any interface
available on my local machine

thanks,
saravana

Re: Listen interface

Posted by madhavan kumar <ma...@gmail.com>.
solved it by removing host.name setting in server.properties.. now
kafka is listening on all interfaces, as i expected...

thank you all

Re: Listen interface

Posted by madhavan kumar <ma...@gmail.com>.