Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Gavin Ray <ra...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/18 21:23:29 UTC

A guide to connecting to Calcite with SQuirreL, a SQL GUI client

Hey all,

I took time to write a guide on how to configure SQuirreL SQL so that it
can connect to Calcite sources
It's a useful alternative to sqlline if you like GUI tools.

I hope someone else finds it helpful:
Making Apache Calcite work in SQuirreL SQL Client (github.com)
<https://gist.github.com/GavinRay97/44fcd0f17e5c62ed6e7880fed0b0042e>

Re: A guide to connecting to Calcite with SQuirreL, a SQL GUI client

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gavin,

Thanks for doing this, very useful!

How about adding an entry about this in the external resources section [1]?
If you feel like it, create a PR and ping me to merge it.

Regarding GUI tools for accessing JDBC endpoints I find the database window
of IntelliJ [2] very convenient as well.

Best,
Stamatis

[1]
https://github.com/apache/calcite/blob/9bdd26159110663c4a207e3e8c378d1c3d16e034/site/community/index.md?plain=1#L200