Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by m....@gmx.de on 2003/06/20 12:01:12 UTC

performace improvement?

Hi,

I'm using fop-0.20.4 to create my pdf documents. Within the XSL-FO i only
use block-container and block elements.
For me there is no need to let fop handle things which have to do with the
formatting of the text (e.g. hyphenation="false", wrap-option="no-wrap" or
white-space-collapse="false").
My aim is to improve the performace. Are there other attributes which could
be used (disabled) to speed up fop?

--
Thanks for any feedback!

Markus Schäffler

Re: performace improvement?

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Upgrading to 0.20.5rc3a should give you a considerable speed improvement.

On 20.06.2003 12:01:12 m.schaeffler wrote:
> I'm using fop-0.20.4 to create my pdf documents. Within the XSL-FO i only
> use block-container and block elements.
> For me there is no need to let fop handle things which have to do with the
> formatting of the text (e.g. hyphenation="false", wrap-option="no-wrap" or
> white-space-collapse="false").
> My aim is to improve the performace. Are there other attributes which could
> be used (disabled) to speed up fop?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: performace improvement?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
m.schaeffler@gmx.de wrote:
> For me there is no need to let fop handle things which have to do with the
> formatting of the text (e.g. hyphenation="false", wrap-option="no-wrap" or
> white-space-collapse="false").
> My aim is to improve the performace. Are there other attributes which could
> be used (disabled) to speed up fop?

Turning off hyphenation improves speed, but except in special
situations only by a rather insignificant amount. Using
no-wrap and white-space-collapse="false" should not have any
measurable impact on performance. Did you notice any speed-up?

J.Pietschmann