Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by Ming Wen <we...@apache.org> on 2020/01/31 14:34:26 UTC

[DISCUSS] milestone of Apache APISIX 1.1

hello, community,
The Apache APISIX 1.0 already released, it's time to discuss what feature
the 1.1 milestone should include.

If you think a feature should be added in version 1.1,
please feel free to add it and explain why.

I think we can add the following features(most of them are transferred from
1.0):
 -supports push log/msg to MQ directly, for example, Apache Kafka, Apache
RocketMQ.
This allows messages to be processed faster and also let the backend
service not care about the log.
- supports request validator plugin using JSON schema. This will increase
the security of the request and reject the illegal request as early as
possible.
- supports more RPC protocols, for example, Apache Dubbo, APISIX only
supports gRPC now. This can make APISIX more friendly to Java's
microservices system.
- supports WAF.

Thanks,
Ming Wen, Apache APISIX
Twitter: _WenMing

Re: [DISCUSS] milestone of Apache APISIX 1.1

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@gmail.com>.
> 1. Proxy Caching

+1

Re: [DISCUSS] milestone of Apache APISIX 1.1

Posted by agile6v <ag...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The following features can be considered(These are not necessarily complete in the next release, just for reference only)

1. Proxy Caching

Caching response body to reduce latency.

2. Support proxy-protocol

Receive client connection information passed through proxy servers and load balancers such as HAproxy and Amazon Elastic Load Balancer(ELB). With the PROXY protocol, APISIX can learn the originating IP address from HTTP, SSL, HTTP/2, SPDY, WebSocket, and TCP.

3. External Authorization

More flexible authorization mechanism.

4. Enrich APISIX-Dashboard

The APISIX-Dashboard provides more functions, users can quickly try new features.

5. Global Statistics

Provide cluster-level statistics views. (such as cluster nodes information、requests per host、connections per upstream and etc.)

6. Looks very cool website and documentation.

Thanks,
agile6v

Posted by YuanSheng Wang <me...@gmail.com>.
1. support to check route/service/upstream object by admin API.

we can add a new argument for this feature, eg: `check=true`.

--

MembPhis
My github: https://github.com/membphis