Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by paul_k <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2012/03/30 21:30:55 UTC

Cannot add files to classpath

I am using 3.0 beta3. After creating custom matchers I was trying to add my
jars to the classpath, by setting CLASSPATH_PREFIX in setenv.sh or directly
in the shell (and exporting). No luck, wrapper.log indicates that my classes
are not found. What is the correct way of adding jars to james classpath? I
am running on SUSE linux.
Thanks.

Re: Cannot add files to classpath

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
You can simply add the jar in conf/lib and it will be picked up into the
classpath without any additional configuration.

Thx, Eric

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Hello Audrey,

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JAMESAPP-8 .You should be able
to use run.sh or modify ./conf/wrapper.conf to add conf/lib to the
classpath, just after ./conf is added.

Both of them are needed, in this order as conf contains the overrrides
for config files and conf/lib the new libs.

Cheers,

p.s. In the future please report problems as soon as you encounter them
so we can take action.

Pe 07.05.2012 15:40, Cobelia - Audrey Cuny a scris:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I have the same proble. I used to add my jars into the conf/lib
> repository of James 3 Beta 3 and it worked very well, so when I migrated
> on Beta 4 I did the same, but it refuses to pick up them. I tried to put
> my jars into the /conf/lib repository and the /lib/ repository, and
> almost every where, but impossible to run James Beta 4. I absolutely
> didn't change anything to the name or the classpath of my own matchers
> and mailets.
>
> Does anybody encountered and resolved this problem ?
>
> Thank you so much.
>
> Audrey
>

> Le 31/03/2012 10:47, Eric Charles a écrit :
>> You can simply add the jar in conf/lib and it will be picked up into
>> the classpath without any additional configuration.
>>
>> Thx, Eric
>>
>> On 30/03/12 21:38, Saibabu Vallurupalli wrote:
>>> There are two ways you can start your James server. If you are setting
>>> CLASSPATH_PREFIX you should be able to start server by using run.sh
>>> script:
>>> #./run.sh&
>>> If you are starting James using james script #./james start this uses
>>> ../conf/wrapper.conf you need to set the classpath with all your JAR.
>>>
>>> Thanks, Sai

Ioan Eugen Stan
http://ieugen.blogspot.com

Re: Cannot add files to classpath