Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bill Fisher <fi...@akorn.net> on 2002/09/28 17:04:10 UTC

[users@httpd] 1.3.26 Upgrade Problem

I just upgraded a server that was running 1.3.23 to 1.3.26 using source rpms
for Linux.  The installation went without a hitch on two other servers, but
on this one it puked when

I tried start the server on some statements in the httpd.conf regarding Dav.
I commented those lines out, and restarted.  Says "OK", but httpd isn't
running.

Next I try '/usr/sbin/httpd configtest'.  Everything OK.

Finally, for some reason I try '/usr/sbin/httpd -f
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf' and it starts.

For some reason the /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd and the /usr/sbin/apachect1
script fail to start the daemon.

Any ideas?

Thankfully I don't have 100+ customers now screaming at me, but...

Thanks

Bill Fisher