Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "Raj U. Shaikh" <Ra...@majesco.com> on 2015/12/09 12:41:56 UTC

Drag file from windows and drop into flex application

Hi All,

Is there any way to drag a file from desktop(or any other location from hard disk) and drop it into flex application?
I can use FileReference upload/load API. But I don't want to use browse API instead I would like to give an option to user to drop a file on to flex application.

Regards,
Raj

Re: Drag file from windows and drop into flex application

Posted by jude <fl...@gmail.com>.
If it's an AIR app there are tutorials and documentation online on dragging
and dropping from outside the program.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8718123/dragging-from-desktop-to-air-application

If it's a browser app then you may have to use HTML API to accept drag and
drop. You can code it yourself using HTML API and ExternalInterface or it
looks like Ardisia labs has components for it too. In my opinion, or I've
been taught, it's better to buy components if possible bc hundreds of
customers are using, testing and catching bugs.

Posted by "Raj U. Shaikh" <Ra...@majesco.com>.
It helps, Thanks Om.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, I indeed have bought a license.

But not everyone would be able to afford it, hence added that note.

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by OK <OK...@edscha.com>.