Posted to dev@syncope.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org> on 2015/04/22 12:16:11 UTC

[DISCUSS] Style for new console

Hi all,
as you might have seen, I have started my work on SYNCOPE-156 (New admin
UI); while I believe that this activity will be quite long to complete,
my idea for the moment is to provide a sort of "skeleton" to be filled
with features eventually.

As part of this, I think it would be good to start from a completely new
HTML template, with some requirements:

  * clearly stated (and AL 2.0 compatible) license
  * relying on modern and well-estabilshed frameworks (Bootstrap &
    jQuery are examples)
  * responsiveness

Here's what I've found so far:

SB Admin 2
License: AL 2.0
Home: https://github.com/IronSummitMedia/startbootstrap-sb-admin-2
Demo: http://demo.designsave.com/sb-admin-2/index.html

Charisma
License: AL 2.0
Home: https://github.com/usmanhalalit/charisma
Demo: http://usman.it/themes/charisma/

Hierapolis
License: MIT
Home: https://github.com/lab2023/hierapolis
Demo: http://lab2023.github.io/hierapolis/

Binary Admin
License: MIT
Home: http://binarycart.com/
Demo:
http://binarycart.com/bclivedemos/01-05-2014/v1/bs-binary-admin/ui.html

Bootstrap Clean Dashboard
License: MIT
Home: https://github.com/keaplogik/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme
Demo:
http://keaplogik.github.io/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme/demo/dashboard.html

Admin LTE
License: MIT
Home: https://github.com/almasaeed2010/AdminLTE/
Demo: https://almsaeedstudio.com/preview

I particularly like "SB Admin 2" and "Hierapolis": WDYT?
Do you have any further option?

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: [DISCUSS] Style for new console

Posted by Massimiliano Perrone <ma...@tirasa.net>.

Il 22/04/2015 12:16, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> as you might have seen, I have started my work on SYNCOPE-156 (New
> admin UI); while I believe that this activity will be quite long to
> complete, my idea for the moment is to provide a sort of "skeleton" to
> be filled with features eventually.
>
> As part of this, I think it would be good to start from a completely
> new HTML template, with some requirements:
>
>  * clearly stated (and AL 2.0 compatible) license
>  * relying on modern and well-estabilshed frameworks (Bootstrap &
>    jQuery are examples)
>  * responsiveness
>
> Here's what I've found so far:
>
> SB Admin 2
> License: AL 2.0
> Home: https://github.com/IronSummitMedia/startbootstrap-sb-admin-2
> Demo: http://demo.designsave.com/sb-admin-2/index.html
>
> Charisma
> License: AL 2.0
> Home: https://github.com/usmanhalalit/charisma
> Demo: http://usman.it/themes/charisma/
>
> Hierapolis
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/lab2023/hierapolis
> Demo: http://lab2023.github.io/hierapolis/
>
> Binary Admin
> License: MIT
> Home: http://binarycart.com/
> Demo:
> http://binarycart.com/bclivedemos/01-05-2014/v1/bs-binary-admin/ui.html
>
> Bootstrap Clean Dashboard
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/keaplogik/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme
> Demo:
> http://keaplogik.github.io/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme/demo/dashboard.html
>
> Admin LTE
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/almasaeed2010/AdminLTE/
> Demo: https://almsaeedstudio.com/preview
>
> I particularly like "SB Admin 2" and "Hierapolis": WDYT?
I like SB Admin 2 and Admin LT; maybe the last one has more feutures.

--
Massimiliano Perrone
Tel +39 393 9121310

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

"L'apprendere molte cose non insegna l'intelligenza"
(Eraclito)

Re: [DISCUSS] Style for new console

Posted by Giacomo Lamonaco <gi...@tirasa.net>.
Hi,

I really like the Bootstrap Clean Dashboard and  Admin LTE.

Regards,
Giacomo

--
Giacomo Lamonaco

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il 22/04/2015 12:16, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> as you might have seen, I have started my work on SYNCOPE-156 (New
> admin UI); while I believe that this activity will be quite long to
> complete, my idea for the moment is to provide a sort of "skeleton" to
> be filled with features eventually.
>
> As part of this, I think it would be good to start from a completely
> new HTML template, with some requirements:
>
>  * clearly stated (and AL 2.0 compatible) license
>  * relying on modern and well-estabilshed frameworks (Bootstrap &
>    jQuery are examples)
>  * responsiveness
>
> Here's what I've found so far:
>
> SB Admin 2
> License: AL 2.0
> Home: https://github.com/IronSummitMedia/startbootstrap-sb-admin-2
> Demo: http://demo.designsave.com/sb-admin-2/index.html
>
> Charisma
> License: AL 2.0
> Home: https://github.com/usmanhalalit/charisma
> Demo: http://usman.it/themes/charisma/
>
> Hierapolis
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/lab2023/hierapolis
> Demo: http://lab2023.github.io/hierapolis/
>
> Binary Admin
> License: MIT
> Home: http://binarycart.com/
> Demo:
> http://binarycart.com/bclivedemos/01-05-2014/v1/bs-binary-admin/ui.html
>
> Bootstrap Clean Dashboard
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/keaplogik/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme
> Demo:
> http://keaplogik.github.io/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme/demo/dashboard.html
>
> Admin LTE
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/almasaeed2010/AdminLTE/
> Demo: https://almsaeedstudio.com/preview
>
> I particularly like "SB Admin 2" and "Hierapolis": WDYT?
> Do you have any further option?
>
> Regards.

I like SB Admin 2 and Admin LTE

Regards,
F.

--
Fabio Martelli

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

Apache Syncope PMC
http://people.apache.org/~fmartelli/

Re: [DISCUSS] Style for new console

Posted by andrea patricelli <an...@tirasa.net>.
Il 22/04/2015 12:16, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> as you might have seen, I have started my work on SYNCOPE-156 (New
> admin UI); while I believe that this activity will be quite long to
> complete, my idea for the moment is to provide a sort of "skeleton" to
> be filled with features eventually.
>
> As part of this, I think it would be good to start from a completely
> new HTML template, with some requirements:
>
>  * clearly stated (and AL 2.0 compatible) license
>  * relying on modern and well-estabilshed frameworks (Bootstrap &
>    jQuery are examples)
>  * responsiveness
>
> Here's what I've found so far:
>
> SB Admin 2
> License: AL 2.0
> Home: https://github.com/IronSummitMedia/startbootstrap-sb-admin-2
> Demo: http://demo.designsave.com/sb-admin-2/index.html
>
> Charisma
> License: AL 2.0
> Home: https://github.com/usmanhalalit/charisma
> Demo: http://usman.it/themes/charisma/
>
> Hierapolis
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/lab2023/hierapolis
> Demo: http://lab2023.github.io/hierapolis/
>
> Binary Admin
> License: MIT
> Home: http://binarycart.com/
> Demo:
> http://binarycart.com/bclivedemos/01-05-2014/v1/bs-binary-admin/ui.html
>
> Bootstrap Clean Dashboard
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/keaplogik/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme
> Demo:
> http://keaplogik.github.io/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme/demo/dashboard.html
>
> Admin LTE
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/almasaeed2010/AdminLTE/
> Demo: https://almsaeedstudio.com/preview
>
> I particularly like "SB Admin 2" and "Hierapolis": WDYT?
> Do you have any further option?
>
> Regards.

I agree with you about "SB Admin 2", but I particularly prefer "Admin
LTE", especially for the possibility to "toggle" lateral menu and spaces
(menu, dashboard, user info, etc.) proportions, the only thing that I
would change a bit are the colours (in my opinion lateral menu is a bit
better like "SB Admin 2").

Best Regards,
Andrea

--
Dott. Andrea Patricelli
Tel +393204524292

Junior Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.

Posted by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net>.

Il 22/04/2015 12:16, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> as you might have seen, I have started my work on SYNCOPE-156 (New
> admin UI); while I believe that this activity will be quite long to
> complete, my idea for the moment is to provide a sort of "skeleton" to
> be filled with features eventually.
>
> As part of this, I think it would be good to start from a completely
> new HTML template, with some requirements:
>
>  * clearly stated (and AL 2.0 compatible) license
>  * relying on modern and well-estabilshed frameworks (Bootstrap &
>    jQuery are examples)
>  * responsiveness
>
> Here's what I've found so far:
>
> SB Admin 2
> License: AL 2.0
> Home: https://github.com/IronSummitMedia/startbootstrap-sb-admin-2
> Demo: http://demo.designsave.com/sb-admin-2/index.html
>
> Charisma
> License: AL 2.0
> Home: https://github.com/usmanhalalit/charisma
> Demo: http://usman.it/themes/charisma/
>
> Hierapolis
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/lab2023/hierapolis
> Demo: http://lab2023.github.io/hierapolis/
>
> Binary Admin
> License: MIT
> Home: http://binarycart.com/
> Demo:
> http://binarycart.com/bclivedemos/01-05-2014/v1/bs-binary-admin/ui.html
>
> Bootstrap Clean Dashboard
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/keaplogik/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme
> Demo:
> http://keaplogik.github.io/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme/demo/dashboard.html
>
> Admin LTE
> License: MIT
> Home: https://github.com/almasaeed2010/AdminLTE/
> Demo: https://almsaeedstudio.com/preview
>
> I particularly like "SB Admin 2" and "Hierapolis": WDYT?
> Do you have any further option?
>
> Regards.

I like Admin LTE and Hierapolis.

Regards
Marco

--
Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino/

Re: [DISCUSS] Syncope as OAuth2 Server

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 28/04/2015 17:00, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
> Hi Francesco

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Awhile back JB created a Syncope issue for Syncope to support OAuth2.
>>> I'd like to continue the discussion about it and understand better
>>> what can it mean for Syncope to become OAuth2-aware.
>>
>> Hi Sergey,
>> FYI, we're talking about SYNCOPE-534: I've added this thread there as
>> reference.
> Thanks...
>>
>>> So Syncope is a generic user identity management system. It offers a
>>> front-end to DB systems where the user information is stored and
>>> allows a controlled access to this data.
>>
>> Syncope is a provisioning engine, whose main responsibility is to keep
>> synchronized data across several identity repositories, relying on
>> different technologies: relational databases, LDAP, CSV, SOAP / REST
>> services, ...
>>
> I was suspecting I might not be describing Syncope correctly :-)

Eh eh eh, no problems at all, it's quite tricky, I know... :-)

>>> OAuth2 is primarily about a resource owner allowing a controlled
>>> access to a 3rd party client (web server, mobile, etc) to this owner's
>>> account/data. OAuth2 can be big enough but ultimately is is
>>> AuthorizationServer (for supporting redirection based flows) +
>>> AccessTokenServer (for issuing tokens in exchange for grants) + some
>>> generic/core token validation.
>>>
>>> OAuth2 server requires storing the info about human users that have
>>> logged in into OAuth2 Server and authorized a 3rd party clients. 3rd
>>> party clients need to be registered so these registrations need to be
>>> kept too. Transient code grants as well as access tokens and or
>>> refresh tokens need to be linked to the 3rd party registrations, human
>>> user logins, and also kept in DB. OAuth2 server that provides
>>> AuthorizationServer will most likely need SSO supported.
>>>
>>> I can think of several ways Syncope might support OAuth2.
>>>
>>> One is where Syncope provides an authorized access to some of its
>>> functionality. It is not clear how it would work because AFAIK Syncope
>>> has no notion of user-specific Syncope accounts for managing user
>>> identities specific to those accounts only.
>>>
>>> Another option is where Syncope becomes a generic OAuth2 server,
>>> orthogonally/in addition to its current functionality. Its current
>>> functionality (user identity management) can be a part of OAuth2
>>> server itself. One option here is to use a generic CXF code to support
>>> it.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure what would be the best option for Syncope (as far its
>>> road map is concerned), and if Syncope should keep doing the identity
>>> management only.
>>
>> As said above, Syncope is at the moment a provisioning engine, but its
>> roadmap [1] contains - for the late future, however, e.g. from 3.0.0
>> onwards - various authentication and access management features.
>>
>> Within this respect, embedding some OAuth2 features - e.g. the second
>> option above - looks as a nice addition.
>>
>> FYI I had some experience in building an OAuth2 server via CXF for
>> Olingo [2], and I've always thought that such approach could have been
>> used - with needed context modifications - with Syncope. WDYT?
>>
> Interesting, sure, that code shows a typical provider skeleton (FYI -
> it can become a bit simpler with respect to checking the
> approved/requested scopes - after the latest CXF update).
>
> If having an OAuth2 provider in Syncope will be about enhancing a
> provisioning aspect then may be it is option 1. I'm thinking of the
> 2nd option as about Syncope becoming a standalone OAuth2 server not
> strictly related to the provisioning aspect hence I was in doubt if it
> would be of interest to the team. May be both 1 and 2 options can be
> investigated in due time :-)
> I guess the discussion can continue whenever the team is ready to
> review SYNCOPE-534 :-)

Sure! SYNCOPE-534 is currently targeted to 2.0.0, so not very close but
not far as well.

Looking forward for having your support for this task!

Regards.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francesco

> [...]

> FYI I had some experience in building an OAuth2 server via CXF for
> Olingo [2], and I've always thought that such approach could have been
> used - with needed context modifications - with Syncope. WDYT?

Interesting, sure, that code shows a typical provider skeleton (FYI - it
can become a bit simpler with respect to checking the approved/requested
scopes - after the latest CXF update).

If having an OAuth2 provider in Syncope will be about enhancing a
provisioning aspect then may be it is option 1. I'm thinking of the 2nd
option as about Syncope becoming a standalone OAuth2 server not strictly
related to the provisioning aspect hence I was in doubt if it would be
of interest to the team. May be both 1 and 2 options can be investigated
in due time :-)

I guess the discussion can continue whenever the team is ready to review
SYNCOPE-537 :-)

Thanks, Sergey

> Regards.
>
> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SYNCOPE/Roadmap
> [2]
> https://github.com/apache/olingo-odata4/blob/master/fit/src/main/java/org/apache/olingo/fit/rest/OAuth2Provider.java

--
Sergey Beryozkin

Talend Community Coders
http://coders.talend.com/

Blog: http://sberyozkin.blogspot.com

Re: [DISCUSS] Syncope as OAuth2 Server

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

[...]

Comments are welcome.

Thanks, Sergey

Re: [DISCUSS] Style for new console

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 28/04/2015 09:20, Nicola Baiocco wrote:
> Very nice :)
>
> And wicket? Will be dismissed??

No, the idea is to create a new admin console (SYNCOPE-156) still based
on Wicket (ATM the code committed on master branch for 2.0.0-SNAPHOST
only performs authentication).

Besides this, an end-user web interface is to be built, based on some
client-side technology (AngularJS?), which is meant only for
self-registration, profile management and password reset. The idea is
that this new end-user interface should be easily and fully customizable
for projects.

Regards.

R: [DISCUSS] Style for new console

Posted by Nicola Baiocco <ni...@intesys.it>.
Very nice :)

And wicket? Will be dismissed??

Kind regard

Nicola Baiocco | Software Developer

Intesys - Via Roveggia 122 A  - 37136 Verona
Tel. 045 503663 | Fax 045 503604
nicola.baiocco@intesys.it
www.intesys.it

Le informazioni contenute nella presente e-mail e nei suoi allegati potrebbero essere confidenziali/riservate e sono dirette unicamente ai destinatari sopra indicati. In caso di ricezione da parte di persona diversa ? vietato qualunque tipo di divulgazione o copia anche parziale. Chi riceva questo messaggio per errore ? pregato di inoltrarlo al mittente e di cancellare questa e-mail.

This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential/reserved information and is intended only for the use of the address(es) named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient of this message, please note that distribution or copying of this communication is forbidden. Anyone who receives this communication in error should return it immediately to the sender and delete the message.
Il 27/04/2015 12:15, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> it seems that "Admin LTE" got the higher number of preferences, cool
> :-)
>
> I've assembled a quick static demo for login page and generic internal
> page at
>
> http://ilgrosso.github.io/syncope2/
>
> How does it feel?
> Regards.

>> Hi all,
>> as you might have seen, I have started my work on SYNCOPE-156 (New
>> admin UI); while I believe that this activity will be quite long to
>> complete, my idea for the moment is to provide a sort of "skeleton"
>> to be filled with features eventually.
>>
>> As part of this, I think it would be good to start from a completely
>> new HTML template, with some requirements:
>>
>>  * clearly stated (and AL 2.0 compatible) license
>>  * relying on modern and well-estabilshed frameworks (Bootstrap &
>>    jQuery are examples)
>>  * responsiveness
>>
>> Here's what I've found so far:
>>
>> SB Admin 2
>> License: AL 2.0
>> Home: https://github.com/IronSummitMedia/startbootstrap-sb-admin-2
>> Demo: http://demo.designsave.com/sb-admin-2/index.html
>>
>> Charisma
>> License: AL 2.0
>> Home: https://github.com/usmanhalalit/charisma
>> Demo: http://usman.it/themes/charisma/
>>
>> Hierapolis
>> License: MIT
>> Home: https://github.com/lab2023/hierapolis
>> Demo: http://lab2023.github.io/hierapolis/
>>
>> Binary Admin
>> License: MIT
>> Home: http://binarycart.com/
>> Demo:
>> http://binarycart.com/bclivedemos/01-05-2014/v1/bs-binary-admin/ui.ht
>> ml
>>
>> Bootstrap Clean Dashboard
>> License: MIT
>> Home: https://github.com/keaplogik/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme
>> Demo:
>> http://keaplogik.github.io/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme/demo/dashb
>> oard.html
>>
>> Admin LTE
>> License: MIT
>> Home: https://github.com/almasaeed2010/AdminLTE/
>> Demo: https://almsaeedstudio.com/preview
>>
>> I particularly like "SB Admin 2" and "Hierapolis": WDYT?
>> Do you have any further option?
>>
>> Regards.

Cool, +1.

Best regards,
Andrea

--
Dott. Andrea Patricelli
Tel +393204524292

Junior Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.

Posted by andrea patricelli <an...@tirasa.net>.
Il 27/04/2015 12:15, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> it seems that "Admin LTE" got the higher number of preferences, cool :-)
>
> I've assembled a quick static demo for login page and generic internal
> page at
>
> http://ilgrosso.github.io/syncope2/
>
> How does it feel?
> Regards.

>> Hi all,
>> as you might have seen, I have started my work on SYNCOPE-156 (New
>> admin UI); while I believe that this activity will be quite long to
>> complete, my idea for the moment is to provide a sort of "skeleton"
>> to be filled with features eventually.
>>
>> As part of this, I think it would be good to start from a completely
>> new HTML template, with some requirements:
>>
>>  * clearly stated (and AL 2.0 compatible) license
>>  * relying on modern and well-estabilshed frameworks (Bootstrap &
>>    jQuery are examples)
>>  * responsiveness
>>
>> Here's what I've found so far:
>>
>> SB Admin 2
>> License: AL 2.0
>> Home: https://github.com/IronSummitMedia/startbootstrap-sb-admin-2
>> Demo: http://demo.designsave.com/sb-admin-2/index.html
>>
>> Charisma
>> License: AL 2.0
>> Home: https://github.com/usmanhalalit/charisma
>> Demo: http://usman.it/themes/charisma/
>>
>> Hierapolis
>> License: MIT
>> Home: https://github.com/lab2023/hierapolis
>> Demo: http://lab2023.github.io/hierapolis/
>>
>> Binary Admin
>> License: MIT
>> Home: http://binarycart.com/
>> Demo:
>> http://binarycart.com/bclivedemos/01-05-2014/v1/bs-binary-admin/ui.html
>>
>> Bootstrap Clean Dashboard
>> License: MIT
>> Home: https://github.com/keaplogik/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme
>> Demo:
>> http://keaplogik.github.io/Bootstrap-Clean-Dashboard-Theme/demo/dashboard.html
>>
>> Admin LTE
>> License: MIT
>> Home: https://github.com/almasaeed2010/AdminLTE/
>> Demo: https://almsaeedstudio.com/preview
>>
>> I particularly like "SB Admin 2" and "Hierapolis": WDYT?
>> Do you have any further option?
>>
>> Regards.

Cool, +1.

Best regards,
Andrea

--
Dott. Andrea Patricelli
Tel +393204524292

Junior Engineer @ Tirasa S.r.l.

Posted by Fabio Martelli <fa...@gmail.com>.
Il 27/04/2015 12:15, Francesco Chicchiriccò ha scritto:
> Hi all,
> it seems that "Admin LTE" got the higher number of preferences, cool :-)
>
> I've assembled a quick static demo for login page and generic internal
> page at
>
> http://ilgrosso.github.io/syncope2/
>
> How does it feel?

Hi Francesco, it is a very good starting point.
Thanks for your effort.

Regards,
F.

--