Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Michał 'Gandalf' Stawicki <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/14 17:24:56 UTC

pprPanelGroup - commandLink vs. commandButton

This works as expected: clicking commandLink couses partial refresh

<s:pprPanelGroup id="treePpr" partialTriggerPattern=".*zapisz">
</s:pprPanelGroup>

<s:pprPanelGroup id="objPropsPpr" partialTriggerPattern=".*zapisz">
		    <t:commandLink
				id="zapisz"
				value="Zapisz"
				action="#{createObject.saveSelectedProperties}" />
</s:pprPanelGroup>

However if I substitute commandLink with commandButton, it doesn't
work anymore: whole page is submitted.

regards,

--
Michał Stawicki

stawicki@gmail.com
http://stawicki.jasliska.pl

Re: multiple forms submisions

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
You have to use one form. This isn't a JSF limitation, but an HTML
limitation/design.

If you want to send "parts" of the form sometimes, and send the entire
form other times, then use the subForm sandbox component. Either way,
always use one form unless you never need information from other
forms.

multiple forms submisions

Re: pprPanelGroup - commandLink vs. commandButton

Posted by Michał 'Gandalf' Stawicki <st...@gmail.com>.
Wrong again :(

It works like this:

when I first open the page, and press the button, the page is
submitted. Then, after submitting page using this button, PPR works
fine.

--
Michał Stawicki

stawicki@gmail.com