Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2001/01/08 21:31:00 UTC

Update on apache.org running 2.0

I realized from all the questions I have received personally this morning
that I never updated the list about the status of running apache.org with
2.0.

I got 2.0 compiled and installed this weekend, and it is running on port
8091.  Before anybody tries to actually request a page, it seems that the
security rules surrounding apache.org don't let people get access to port
8091 or 8092.  I have been able to telnet to localhost from apache.org,
and it is working.

I have debugged the problem to the point that I am sure this is not an
issue with the web server.  I can force the server to bind to the external
IP address (Listen 63.??.??.??:8092), and I still can't connect from my
home machine.  I then ssh'ed to apache.org, and tried to connect to
localhost host, no good, but I could telnet to the IP address port 8091
and get connected.

I am working with Brian to resolve this, but I don't feel comfortable
enabling 2.0 on apache.org without first testing each of the web sites on
a higher port.  I suspect that Brian and I will get this working later
today or tomorrow.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Update on apache.org running 2.0

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:
>
> > I am working with Brian to resolve this, but I don't feel comfortable
> > enabling 2.0 on apache.org without first testing each of the web sites on
> > a higher port.  I suspect that Brian and I will get this working later
> > today or tomorrow.
>
> collab has their cave firewalled on ports not smtp, http and a few
> others.

But opened for quite a few more for apache.org, including 8092
specifically for this testing; I was able to successfully get a connection
through 8092 to a netcat listener (firing up nc -l -p 8092 on daedalus,
connect from external host) so I know it's not our firewall.

	Brian

Re: Update on apache.org running 2.0

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com>.
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> I am working with Brian to resolve this, but I don't feel comfortable
> enabling 2.0 on apache.org without first testing each of the web sites on
> a higher port.  I suspect that Brian and I will get this working later
> today or tomorrow.

collab has their cave firewalled on ports not smtp, http and a few
others.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://ask.netcetera.dk/>