Posted to users@flex.apache.org by akashg <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/01 14:31:11 UTC

Flex SDK bin Installer Hangs indefinitely - Win 7

Hi,

So I'm trying to install the Flex sdk version 4.12.1, Air 14, Flash 14 and
I'm running the binary installer for windows as an administrator.
When the installer gets to the 4th block it hangs there indefinitely. I have
no idea where to begin to solve this issue. Online searches have lead me to
clear various browser caches and try downloading via different networks,
none of which have solved the problem. I have re-installed the installer
itself and retried several times, still no luck.
Solutions?

INSTALL LOG:

Version 3.0.0 (windows)
Using Locale:en_US
Fetched the SDK download mirror URL from the CGI.
AIR version 14.0
Flash Player version 14.0
Creating Apache Flex home
Creating temporary directory
Downloading Apache Flex SDK from:
http://apache.mirrors.lucidnetworks.net/flex/4.12.1/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.12.1-bin.zip
Verifying Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature
The Apache Flex SDK MD5 Signature of the downloaded files matches the
reference. The file is valid.
Uncompressing: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64
Bit)\sdks\4.12.1\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.12.1-bin.zip
Finished uncompressing: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4.7 (64
Bit)\sdks\4.12.1\temp\apache-flex-sdk-4.12.1-bin.zip
Downloading Adobe AIR Runtime Kit for Windows from:
http://airdownload.adobe.com/air/win/download/14.0//AdobeAIRSDK.zip

Re: Flex SDK bin Installer Hangs indefinitely - Win 7

Posted by Joseph Schmoe <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hey Alex,

Your new installer (3.1.0) worked perfectly!
Great help.

Thanks a lot,
-JS

Re: Flex SDK bin Installer Hangs indefinitely - Win 7

Posted by Joseph Schmoe <ka...@gmail.com>.
OK thanks. (There's enough disk space) Will do.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.
Is there enough disk space on the machine?

Thanks,
Om

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Sorry, got fooled by the fact the text file downloaded instead of showing
up in the browser.

So the log indicates a failure/hang at the unzipping of the AIR SDK.  Can
you check memory usage at the point of the hang?

Also, I have had issues on Windows with the McAfee on-access scan.  If you
are using it, can you try turning it off during the install?

-Alex

Posted by Joseph Schmoe <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joseph Schmoe <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

OK, here is the link the Verbose Log txt file.

http://filebin.ca/1RprLZENAtll/VbLogFlex.txt
<http://filebin.ca/1RprLZENAtll/VbLogFlex.txt>

Thanks for the help,
-Akash

RE: Flex SDK bin Installer Hangs indefinitely - Win 7

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

Please try again, but first thing after the installer starts up, right click and select verbose logging.  This will cause the text under the progress blocks to change since it outputs more data, but then the log will contain more data.  The log will be very long, so instead of including it in this email, please post it somewhere and include the link in an email.

Thanks,
-Alex