Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Sumanth Chinthagunta <xm...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/18 18:59:57 UTC

Cluster Start Error: Apache NiFi is already running, listening to Bootstrap on port

Hi
I am following clustering instructions as per the link below:  NCM, Node1 in Server1 and Node2 on Server2.
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#clustering <https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#clustering>

I created two copies of Nifi 0.4.0 folders on Server1 and started NCM, then tried to start Node1 and got the following error.
Error:
org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.Command Apache NiFi is already running, listening to Bootstrap on port 43010

Am I missing any steps?
Thanks
Sumo

Re: Cluster Start Error: Apache NiFi is already running, listening to Bootstrap on port

Posted by Sumanth Chinthagunta <xm...@gmail.com>.
got it. now my cluster is all set :)
 Thanks

> [...]
>> makes me wonder why NiFi start process needs write access to lib folder!
>>
>> INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.BootstrapListener Successfully initiated
>> communication with Bootstrap
>> WARN [main] org.apache.nifi.nar.NarUnpacker Unable to load NAR library
>> bundles due to java.io.IOException: /software/nifi-node1/./lib directory
>> does not have read/write privilege Will proceed without loading any further
>> Nar bundles
>> ERROR [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Failure to launch NiFi due to
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find the framework NAR
>> ClassLoader.
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find the framework NAR
>> ClassLoader.
>>        at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:116)
>> ~[nifi-runtime-0.4.0.jar:0.4.0]
>>        at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:227)
>> ~[nifi-runtime-0.4.0.jar:0.4.0]
>> INFO [Thread-1] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Initiating shutdown of Jetty web
>> server...
>> INFO [Thread-1] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Jetty web server shutdown completed
>> (nicely or otherwise).
>>

>> Issue 2:
>> Server 1 : NCM , node1
>> Server 2 : node2
>>
>> Case 1: I started NiFi NCM on server 1 and  then node2 on server 2. when
>> you access admin UI, you will see error even  node2 and NCM are
>> communicating.
>> Case 2:  I started NiFi NCM and then node1 on server 1. Admin UI works as
>> expected.
>> My workaround was, to set nifi.web.http.host to hostname instead of
>> leaving to default ‘localhost’  on Server2. this should be documented.
>>
>> Issue 3:
>> After above issues are resolved, now I see both node1 and node2 connected
>> to NCM. when I try to add any processors or process group, I am getting
>> following error in the browser UI:
>>
>> Cluster is unable to service request to change flow: Received a mutable
>> request [PUT --
>> http://xyz:8090/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/77afb88b-5f7d-45d7-a1f4-f9e9269b489b/processors/bceff62d-435d-4c47-a907-bb2a26cd0e56]
>> <
>> http://xyz:8090/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/77afb88b-5f7d-45d7-a1f4-f9e9269b489b/processors/bceff62d-435d-4c47-a907-bb2a26cd0e56] <http://xyz:8090/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/77afb88b-5f7d-45d7-a1f4-f9e9269b489b/processors/bceff62d-435d-4c47-a907-bb2a26cd0e56]>>
>> while in safe mode
>>
>> please let me know if you find anything wrong with my setup.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Sumo
>>
>>> On Dec 18, 2015, at 11:37 AM, Sumanth Chinthagunta <xm...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Corey and Mark for quick response.
>>>
>>> You are right, I was sharing some folders using symbolic links between
>> NCM and Node1. After removing sharing for bin folder, it works fine :)

>>> content_repository
>>> database_repository
>>> docs -> /software/nifi/latest/docs/
>>> flowfile_repository
>>> lib -> /software/nifi/latest/lib/
>>> logs
>>> provenance_repository

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sumo,

Posted by Sumanth Chinthagunta <xm...@gmail.com>.
Issue 1:

Cluster is unable to service request to change flow: Received a mutable request [PUT -- http://xyz:8090/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/77afb88b-5f7d-45d7-a1f4-f9e9269b489b/processors/bceff62d-435d-4c47-a907-bb2a26cd0e56] <http://xyz:8090/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/77afb88b-5f7d-45d7-a1f4-f9e9269b489b/processors/bceff62d-435d-4c47-a907-bb2a26cd0e56]> while in safe mode

Posted by Sumanth Chinthagunta <xm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Sumo,

Posted by Corey Flowers <cf...@onyxpoint.com>.
If you have a node and cluster on the same box you must be running on
a different ports. Also, if you are not using the default locations of
the repositories, you should set up the repos under different storage
locations. For instance, on ours, the ncms, keep the default locations
and the nodes are changed to larger storage file systems. Part of this
is that the ncm, doesn't actually move data, so the defaults should
suffice. Let me know if you need more info.

Oh and make sure the site to site ports are different too.

Later!

Sent from my iPhone