Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org> on 2018/05/24 16:51:06 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.5.0, release candidate #6

Hi everyone,

Please review and vote on the release candidate #6 for the version 1.5.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 1F302569A96CFFD5 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.5.0-rc6" [5],
* PR to update the community web site [6]

Please use this document for coordinating testing efforts: [7]

The voting periods ends tomorrow at 5pm CET. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Your friendly Release Manager

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12341764
[2] http://people.apache.org/~trohrmann/flink-1.5.0-rc6/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1161/
[5]
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=flink.git;a=commit;h=c61b108b8eaa22eac3dc492b3c95c22b4177003f
[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/106
[7]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10KDBLzt25Z44pdZBSm8MTeKldc4UTUAbAynfuVQWOt0/edit?usp=sharing

Pro-tip: you can create a settings.xml file with these contents:

<settings>
<activeProfiles>
  <activeProfile>flink-1.5.0</activeProfile>
</activeProfiles>
<profiles>
  <profile>
    <id>flink-1.5.0</id>
    <repositories>
      <repository>
        <id>flink-1.5.0</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1161/
        </url>
      </repository>
      <repository>
        <id>archetype</id>
        <url>

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1161/
        </url>
      </repository>
    </repositories>
  </profile>
</profiles>
</settings>

And reference that in you maven commands via --settings
path/to/settings.xml. This is useful for creating a quickstart based on the
staged release and for building against the staged jars.

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.5.0, release candidate #6

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
+1 (non-binding)

- checked signatures and hashes
- run Kinesis consumer test

Regarding the rate of issues being found: I would credit some of it to
increased coverage and due diligence and some to to the nature of changes
in the release.

It is probably expected that a 1.5.1 release will follow soon and the
effort for the friendly RM hopefully not that different from rolling 1.5.0
RCs :)

Cheers,
Thomas

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
The voting time has passed and I'm happy to announce that we've collected
enough votes to release this RC as Flink 1.5.0.

+1 votes:
- Piotrek (non-binding)
- Aljoscha (binding)
- Timo (binding)
- Tzu-Li (binding)
- Till (binding)
- Gary (non-binding)

That's 6 votes, 4 binding. No 0 or -1 votes.

Thanks a lot, everyone, for testing and making sure that this will be a good
 release! I'll send out a separate announcement mail and push out the
release artifacts and update the website now.

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tz...@apache.org>.
+1