Posted to users@camel.apache.org by awold <aw...@hotmail.com> on 2010/11/12 19:27:50 UTC

Will Camel play nice with WebSphere/WAS?

I know the post below is a little old, but I'm looking at the prospect of
deploy my camel solution onto WebSphere Application Server 6.1.  And I won't
be able to run an instance locally during development.  So I thought I'd try
to get a general feel for if I am going to experience some serious headaches
give nthe statement in first reply with regard to WebSphere.  Thoughts
anyone?

http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Using-Camel-in-IBM-WebSphere-Message-Broker-td469604.html#a469604

Re: Will Camel play nice with WebSphere/WAS?

Posted by awold <aw...@hotmail.com>.
Seems like I should be good to go then.  At this time I only expect to use
the FTP and File components, with possible interaction with JMS later on.

Re: Will Camel play nice with WebSphere/WAS?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 7:27 PM, awold <aw...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I know the post below is a little old, but I'm looking at the prospect of
> deploy my camel solution onto WebSphere Application Server 6.1.  And I won't
> be able to run an instance locally during development.  So I thought I'd try
> to get a general feel for if I am going to experience some serious headaches
> give nthe statement in first reply with regard to WebSphere.  Thoughts
> anyone?

My former client is using Camel on WebSphere 6.1 / 7.0 in production
running on IBM AIX machines.
They deploy as WAR files and integrate with MQ series as well (external broker).
And use all the other components for JDBC, WebServices and whatnot they need.

However its usual the integration with MQ series that may play a
little trick to have it properly setup.

Also you can search on this mailing list for others who have posted
questions about WebSphere.

> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/Using-Camel-in-IBM-WebSphere-Message-Broker-td469604.html#a469604

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Re: Will Camel play nice with WebSphere/WAS?

Posted by Richard Kettelerij <ri...@gmail.com>.
You haven't mentioned what components
(http://camel.apache.org/components.html) you're using so it's hard to make
a general claim, considering the large number of 3rd party frameworks and
libraries that Camel integrates.

Nevertheless Camel itself (camel-core) is compatible with WebSphere
Application Server 6.1 (details:
http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/2008/07/apache-camel-now-with-websphere-61.html).

Most issues concerning appserver compatibility have something to do with
classpath scanning. Since it requires some classloading tricks. Luckily
Camel provides pluggable class resolvers
(http://camel.apache.org/pluggable-class-resolvers.html) for various
appservers to deal with these issues. Camel also includes a
"WebSpherePackageScanClassResolver" to provide classpath scanning in
Websphere.