Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by "Pedro J. Ayala" <pe...@visualtis.com> on 2006/04/04 17:30:55 UTC

Locale

Hi all,

this my first post at tapestry dev list.

I have been working in serveral projects with tapestry (actually we have
just finished the third one).

We have face and issue. One customer want an email to be send to every
person in the BBDD. Each person has a different language, so the email
has to be build for the locale of each one.

We have solve the issue using :
ResourceBundle strings = ResourceBundle.getBundle(
		com.app.locale.mail,
                Locale.ENGLISH);

But it could be great if we can use getMessage from
ComponentMessageSource with a specific locale, different than the one
from the IEngine.
package org.apache.tapestry.services;
public interface ComponentMessagesSource
{
    public Messages getMessages(IComponent component);
    public Messages getMessages(IComponent component, Locale locale);
}

Is it a good idea?

The ComponentMessagesSource and ComponentMessagesSourceImpl are
attached.

Regards

Pedro Ayala