Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by jv...@archean.fr on 2008/05/25 08:07:38 UTC

Re: svn commit: r659372 - /mina/branches/buffer/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/queue/Default ByteBufferQueue.java

> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>
>> Emmanuel Lecharny ha scritto:
>>
>>> Now, considering your attitude : your are sometime just behaving like a
>>> stubborn childish person. You are interpreting the ASF rules at your
>>> own
>>> advantage, with no respect for person around you. Like it or not, this
>>> is
>>> not the way it works. When I asked you to revert the code, this is
>>> because
>>> we reached a point where we have to discuss the portion of code you
>>> have
>>> committed, it was not a punishment. But you took it as if I wanted to
>>> personally insult you, and you insulted me in return. I will swallow
>>> the
>>> insult, because it's just totally irrelevant to the discussion.
>>>

>> My opinion is that you behaved very bad too. There was a discussion in
>> place, and there was no need to veto this until every solution was
>> evaluated. You didn't try to understand the why, propose something
>> different, evaluate pros/cons of what have been done and what you
>> proposed
>> before vetoing it.
>>
>> This is only my opinion as an ASF committer have only a user role in
>> mina.
>>

> No one asked for your precious opinion.  You don't have a grasp of the
> situation at all.  So stop adding to the fire.
>
> LET THE THREAD DIE!
>
> We need to move on.
>
> Alex

Hi,

Until it's on a public mailing list I don't see the problem with everybody
expressing his opinion, it's the purporse.

Julien

Re: svn commit: r659372 - /mina/branches/buffer/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/queue/Default ByteBufferQueue.java

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Frédéric Brégier wrote:
> I didn't want to get this thread continues,
> but I made 7th tries to create a new thread
> and it was always blocked by the anti-spam
> apache mailer rules. I don't know why ?
>
> I had writing a personnal mail to say how
> I feel like an end user on this mailing list.
> I adore this Mina project, found very interesting
> what I read from it, except that several
> times I become sad to see those kind
> of riot without necessity.
> I don't want to blame anyone, since I
> perfectly understand the points of all.
> So don't take it personnaly, don't blame
> me but just take it as a external point of view...
>
> I know there must be rules, but could it be
> possible to get such discussion outside when it
> becomes difficult ?
>  PS: I really truncate my mail since I don't know
> which part is considered as a spam...
>
> Frederic

Hi Frederic,

don't worry too much. Such a 'riot' happens from time to time, and it
does not matter that much. People just have opinions, and expressing
them through a ML is proven to be the wrong place : sometime it
degenerates (like it did) simply because the asyncronous nature of a
mail makes it frustrating.

Such a discussion in a F2F meeting would _not_ degenerate like this, and
sometime a quick skype session simply cool down things (I have
experimented it more than once !).

It's just a matter of time, and things settle by themselves. Sometime it
also helps if people realize how futile was the conversation, and accept
the idea that words are just words.

About the rules, as Talleyrand said : "Les règles, quand on les violent,
ne se mettent pas à hurler" (basically, "rules don't yell when you break
them").  People do.

So, to end this thread, I would like to personnally apologize if my
mails have been too far, It was not my intention to hurt anyone, and my
last mail was just a little bit too harsh. Anyway, forget about the
messenger, and get the message : Javadoc is good to have.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: svn commit: r659372 - /mina/branches/buffer/core/src/main/java/org/apache/mina/queue/Default ByteBufferQueue.java