Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/29 09:27:45 UTC

Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Hi Guys,
I need one help, any leads will be highly appreciated.I have written a
flink streaming job to read the data from s3 bucket and push to kafka.
Below is the working source that deal with single s3 path:
TextInputFormat format = new TextInputFormat(new
org.apache.flink.core.fs.Path("s3a://directory/2020-09-03/"));
format.setNestedFileEnumeration(true);
DataStream<String> inputStream = environment.readFile(format,
"s3a://directory/2020-09-03/", FileProcessingMode.PROCESS_ONCE, -1,
FilePathFilter.createDefaultFilter());
inputStream.addSink(kafka);

But my requirement is get the list of paths and pass them one by one to
this environment.readFile() method.How we can achieve this.

Thanks,
Satya

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay,

Thanks for your prompt response.
Sink : Kafka
After the first checkpointing of the reader job failed, that's where
duplication happened.

Can we use the external checkpointing by using below code snipped? as part
of reader source.
*environment.setStateBackend(new
FsStateBackend("s3://flink-test-directory/flink/checkpoints")); *

Regards,
Satya

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay & Team,

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay,

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
hmm...I don't see an easy way.

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay/Team,

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chesnay/Team

Thank you so much.I have tried with the solution but it is not working as
expected showing compilation issues and tried all the ways .Please find
below code snippet :

s3PathList.stream()
.map(directory -> S3Service.customCreateInputStream(environment, directory,
readerParallelism))

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, I'll check it out.

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi  Shesnay/Team,

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.

--
--------------------------
Best Regards

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
Do you know the list of directories when you submit the job?

If so, then you can iterate over them, create a source for each
directory, union them, and apply the sink to the union.

private static DataStream<String>createInputStream(StreamExecutionEnvironment environment, String directory) {
    TextInputFormat format =new TextInputFormat(new org.apache.flink.core.fs.Path(directory)); format.setNestedFileEnumeration(true); return environment.readFile(format, directory, FileProcessingMode.PROCESS_ONCE, -1, FilePathFilter.createDefaultFilter()); }

public static void runJob()throws Exception {
    StreamExecutionEnvironment environment = StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment(); List<String> directories =getDirectories(); DataStream<String> joinedStreams =null; for (String directory : directories) {
       DataStream<String> inputStream =createInputStream(environment, directory); if (joinedStreams ==null) {

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

Got stuck with it please help me here
Regards,
Satya

On Wed, 30 Sep 2020 at 11:09 AM, Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Sorry to bother you again, but someone could help me here? Any help in
> this regard will be much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Satya
>
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 2:57 PM Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,

>> I need one help, any leads will be highly appreciated.I have written a
>> flink streaming job to read the data from s3 bucket and push to kafka.
>> Below is the working source that deal with single s3 path:

>> TextInputFormat format = new TextInputFormat(new
>> org.apache.flink.core.fs.Path("s3a://directory/2020-09-03/"));
>>

>> format.setNestedFileEnumeration(true);

>> DataStream<String> inputStream = environment.readFile(format,
>> "s3a://directory/2020-09-03/", FileProcessingMode.PROCESS_ONCE, -1,
>>

>> FilePathFilter.createDefaultFilter());

>> inputStream.addSink(kafka);
>>

>> But my requirement is get the list of paths and pass them one by one to
>> this environment.readFile() method.How we can achieve this.

>> Thanks,
>>

>> Satya
>>

> --
> --------------------------
> Best Regards
> Satya Prakash
> (M)+91-9845111913
>

> --
Best Regards
Satya Prakash
(M)+91-9845111913

Re: Need help in creating Flink Streaming s3 Job for multiple path reader one by one

Posted by Satyaa Dixit <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Guys,

--
Best Regards