Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by "Bryan Liu (CN)" <Br...@homecredit.cn> on 2019/10/06 22:43:36 UTC

Re: [!!Mass Mail][Probable spam]Re: sometimes need quite a long time when building cube

Hi Shaofeng
   It was in map phase. Thank you

Bryan

在 2019年10月6日,22:03,ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>> 写道:

Hi Bryan,

What's the phase of the job in the second screenshot? map phase or reduce phase?

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org<ma...@apache.org>

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org<ma...@kylin.apache.org>
Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org<ma...@kylin.apache.org>

Bryan Liu (CN) <Br...@homecredit.cn>> 于2019年9月26日周四 下午3:37写道:
Dears,

   I am doing some testing with  Kylin now.  My Cube based on one source table with about 60~70M rows of data for one month.
   Normally we build cube need about 25mins .
   But sometimes which need more than 3hours , usually in busy period.   When I am checking the MapReduce Jobs for cube building step 3(Extract Fact Table Distinct Columns) , I found some Jobs just take several Seconds. But some Jobs take quit a long time.

  Please refer to screenshot as bellow.
   I think Hadoop do not have enough resource is one reason.  Meanwhile, there should have some problem with Cube building step 2.  Seems the data is non-equilibrium.
  Could you please give me some advice ? thank you so much .
<image002.jpg>
<image006.jpg>

Re: [!!Mass Mail][Probable spam]Re: sometimes need quite a long time when building cube

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Please check the file size of the intermediate hive table first; The file
size should be even after the "Redistribute" step. If not, please check the
columns that it redistributed by (the first three dimensions by default).

Bryan Liu (CN) <Br...@homecredit.cn> 于2019年10月7日周一 上午6:52写道: