Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> on 2020/05/07 01:45:50 UTC

[DISCUSS] The Roadmap of Next Doris Release.

Hi all:

I suggest that we discuss the features that need to be implemented in the next release of Doris.

The following are some of the main features that have currently issued proposals:

1. Support loading data by Spark (Almost Done) [1]

2. Advanced Materialized View: (Researching and Designing)  [2]

3. Memory tablet that supporting CRUD (Implementing) [3]

4. Vectorized execution engine (Researching and Designing) [4]

5. Nested type support (Array) (Implementing) [5]

If there are other main features, please add them.
And If there is any need for further discussion in the above features, feel free to discuss.

Also, do you have any thoughts on our current release version format?
For example, whether to continue to use the version format as 0.xx ?
Or is it necessary changed to a version format by Year and Month? Such as 20.6?
If the version format of 0.xx is still used, we may need to consider when the 1.0 version will be released.

If you have any ideas, please discuss.

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/issues/3433
[2] https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/issues/3344
[3] https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/issues/3382
[4] https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/issues/3438
[5] https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/issues/2871

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] The Roadmap of Next Doris Release.

Posted by Zhao Chun <zh...@apache.org>.
I don't think naming version with time is suitable for Doris now. Because
Doris will envolve at a fast speed in the future. we should use version to
identify compatibility between vesrions. And we can use the major version
to identify huge change for Doris. And keep compatibility when the major
version is the same.

陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> 于 2020年5月13日周三 13:26写道:

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.

Posted by Zhao Chun <zh...@apache.org>.