Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org> on 2003/07/21 18:09:07 UTC

Modifying the xdocs template files

Is it possible to override any of the templates in the xdocs plugin,
besides editing the installed file? I want to change the wording on
some of the pages, rather than the colors. For instance, since our
project does not allow anonymous CVS access, I'd like to remove the
section about anonymous access from cvs-usage.html. I've tried setting
various properties in an attempt to use different plug-resources or
templates, but so far to no avail.

I thought this would be something others would have asked, but I
couldn't find an answer in the archives. Either others don't want to
do this, or I'm completely missing something!

Thanks for any help.

    Jeff

--
mailto:jeff@frenches.org

Re: Modifying the xdocs template files

Posted by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@caltha.pl>.
Jefferson K. French wrote:
> Is it possible to override any of the templates in the xdocs plugin,
> besides editing the installed file? I want to change the wording on
> some of the pages, rather than the colors. For instance, since our
> project does not allow anonymous CVS access, I'd like to remove the
> section about anonymous access from cvs-usage.html. I've tried setting
> various properties in an attempt to use different plug-resources or
> templates, but so far to no avail.
>
> I thought this would be something others would have asked, but I
> couldn't find an answer in the archives. Either others don't want to
> do this, or I'm completely missing something!

I don't know if xdoc plugin supports template/stylesheet (I mean xml
transformation stylesheet, not the css) overriding. If the documentation
doesn't say anything about it you can look at the sources of the plugin.

As for CVS instruction page, take a look at issue MAVEN-595. I hope to
get it checked in soon.

R.