Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Don Ferguson <do...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/01 00:44:54 UTC

Re: Wicket 7 for production use?

Here is what I encountered migrating a moderately large wicket/bootstrap app from 6.1.18 to 7.0.0-M4.  There were 8 changes that required minor tweaks, and of those, 5 were already covered in the migration guide.  Overall, it was pretty smooth process.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GI8vU_wHLxQ-ntXxLMHCaRcekfwEe7jIbIrri1LzYSY <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GI8vU_wHLxQ-ntXxLMHCaRcekfwEe7jIbIrri1LzYSY>

-Don

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi Don,

I've added a line to the migration docs related to the generics changes,
i.e. WICKET-5350.

Many thanks
Sven

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Ok the commit shows what you are talking about. Thanks for fixing the signature!

kind regards

Tobias

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Right.
Keeping the method in 7.x doesn't help because it won't help. The developer
would be confused that the method is still used.

Deprecating in 6.x is not an option because #isEnabledInHierarchy() is
still final there and there is no substitution.

The migration guide properly says what is the replacement.

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tobias Soloschenko <to...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Martin,

what do you mean by disappeard there are two signatures in Image

Image#setImageResourceReference() which is the old signature and
Image#setResourceReferences() which os used for srcset - the diff view is confusing - take a look at the RAW version.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi Don,

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing!