Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Jacek Skrzypiec <ja...@learning-media.net> on 2002/03/26 18:19:58 UTC

Testing EJB implementing EJBLocalObject interface with Cactus

Dear All,

Is there any support for testing ejb that instead of EJBObject implement only EJBLocalObject.

To call a method of an ejb from servlet or JSP, it has to implement remote interface (EJBObject, EJBHome).
If my bean implements local interface I cannot to anything.

I think that the way around it is to use an session bean (extending TestCase) that implements the test methods and execute them indirectly through another
object implementing ServletTestCase.

It requires a lot of work.  Is there any better way to achieve it?

I think it would be possible to save time if there was a ejb session bean version of TestSuit or JUnit Test Runner

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jacek