Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Henrik W. Hansen" <sp...@procesgruppen.dk> on 2003/03/03 22:06:02 UTC

HELP!: Cookie problem on linux

Hi All,
I have spend contless hours debugging a cookie problem. I have made
another post on to the forum, with no success even though some
suggestions came up.
The plain and simple problem that I have are the following. With the
following code I set a cookie a windows installation:
            Cookie n = new Cookie("n", "n");
            n.setMaxAge(3600);
            n.setPath("/");
            data.getResponse().addCookie(n);
But with the same configuration on Linux, no cooike is set!!!! What is
Linux handling differently that windows??

I am not sure what information I need to provide in order for you guyes
to help me.
The configuration is:Tomcat 4.1.18, redhat 7.3 and redhat8.0 jdk1.4.1_02
and 01.
I am trying to set the cookie from a Jetspeed webapplication (not that
it should matter).

Any suggestions on how I go about debugging the problem. I have
inspected the cookiecache. What more can I do?
The cookie is added to the response, how do I trace it from there? (it
newer reaches the browser.)

Please advise.. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
/Henrik