Posted to users@camel.apache.org by kanu_t <ka...@cypatterns.com> on 2015/10/12 15:54:26 UTC

Re: Camel websocket disconnect trigger

Hi,
I am new to Camel Websocket support, however, I too have this need to know
if a client has disconnected from the server. This is necessary to clean up
any session related data we might store for each client. For example which
data feed a client is interested in. Otherwise, we have to implement a
heartbeat mechanism to know if a client is really connected, which can be
non trivial and resource intensive. We should be able to specify a listener
class, may be as optional query parameter for end point, for session events
like new connection created, disconnected etc, which should get the
connectionkey as part of the event.

Is there a way to know the disconnection already that I could not figure
out?
Thanks a lot.