Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "ved.gunjan" <ve...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/12 23:39:58 UTC

How to call JSF method binding expressions from a java script.

Hi Experts
  How to call JSF method binding expressions from a java script.
  For example i want to call ==> action="#{authenticationBean.authenticate}"
  of a command link from java script.

  Waiting for the experts reply.
  Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: How to call JSF method binding expressions from a java script.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
I meant "their" and not "there" of course when mentioning shale

Posted by Adam Brod <AB...@intralinks.com>.
Here is the Shale Remoting documentation:

http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/shale-core/apidocs/org/apache/shale/remoting/package-summary.html

I don't know why it isn't on the proper website as well.

Adam Brod
Product Development Team

"Andrew Robinson" <an...@gmail.com>
07/12/2006 05:52 PM
Please respond to
"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>

"MyFaces Discussion" <us...@myfaces.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: How to call JSF method binding expressions from a java script.

There is no built in way. You have to invoke an AJAX call to the
server, setup the Faces context, possibly restore your view then
evaluate the EL.

There is a "Remote" set of APIs in JBoss-Seam that let you do things
like this. There may be other frameworks that have similar
functionality as well that I am not familiar with (I think Shale
might, but there remoting feature is not documented at all on their
site)

-Andrew

On 7/12/06, ved.gunjan <ve...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi Experts
> How to call JSF method binding expressions from a java script.
> For example i want to call ==>
action="#{authenticationBean.authenticate}"
> of a command link from java script.
>
> Waiting for the experts reply.
> Thanks

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Disclaimer: This electronic mail and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this email, and destroy all copies of this email and any attachments. Thank you.

Re: How to call JSF method binding expressions from a java script.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.