Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au> on 2002/06/22 05:56:39 UTC

draft forrest toolbar for Mozilla

Ken, this sounds great but i cannot see it yet.
Linux: ./build.sh forrestbar ... all OK
Edit preferences to enabled "Software Installation".
File Open: build/xml-forrest/forrestbar.xpi
followed the dialogs ... says install OK.

I tried every menu option and preferences but see
nothing forrest-like. I even tried re-start Mozilla.
Help please.
--David

Subject: Re: cvs commit: xml-forrest/src/targets project.xtarget

Re: draft forrest toolbar for Mozilla

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com>.
Must be your e-mail message that scared it into functionality.  I tried
again and now it works.  Very strange.

I committed the new icons.  I'm not entirely happy about them, but I'm a
bit limited in time right now.
I'll replace them with more modern 3D looking ones when time lets me.  I
did not touch Sam's face.  I like that one. ;-)

Bert

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Bert Van Kets wrote:
> I have some icons ready.  Will commit soon.
> Is the bar supposed to be functional?  I get the menu bar, but nothing
> happens when I select the menu items.

:-?

It works here...
How did you install it in Mozilla?

1. Mozilla 1.0
2. build forrestbar
3. install forrestbar.xpi
4. restart Mozilla (you must see the splash screen)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

RE: draft forrest toolbar for Mozilla

Posted by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com>.

Posted by John Morrison <jo...@ntlworld.com>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> > Ken, this sounds great but i cannot see it yet.
> > Linux: ./build.sh forrestbar ... all OK
> > Edit preferences to enabled "Software Installation".
> > File Open: build/xml-forrest/forrestbar.xpi
> > followed the dialogs ... says install OK.
> >
> > I tried every menu option and preferences but see
> > nothing forrest-like. I even tried re-start Mozilla.
>
> Hmmm...
>
> On W2k and Mozilla 1.0 it works on my system...
> The thing one must be sure of is that the Mozilla quicklaunch must also
> be restarted for changes to have effect.
> The rule of the thumb on my system is that if I see the Mozilla logo, it
> has restarted correctly.
>
> Look under the chrome dir in the Mozilla installation.
>
> You should see the forrestbar.jar and have it listed with something like
>    <RDF:Description about="urn:mozilla:package:forrestbar" ...
>
> in chrome.rdf and in installed-chrome.txt.
>
> If it's there, it's installed, so it should show if you restart...

Got it now, thanks Ken. Your tips helped me to track it
down to a file permissions issue with
/usr/lib/mozilla-1.0.0/chrome/
Even though the XPI install said all was OK, it was not.

Now i see it. This is excellent.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.