Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Richard Boehme <bo...@eyemaginations.com> on 2004/11/15 16:32:15 UTC

Database location

Is there any way to specify where I've placed the database when
accessing it from Java? I've created it using ij and I'm launching it
from a JVM that I doin't know the location of.

Thanks.

Richard Boehme

Re: Database location

Posted by Karl Ostendorf <ch...@gmail.com>.
When starting the JVM, set the -Dderby.system.home=<path> option.
All connection URLs will then be relative to the given system home.

For example, a database created with with the name of "foo" in the
"/var/derby_data" directory can be accessed with a connection string
of "jdbc:derby:foo" so long as you have started the JVM with the
-Dderby.system.home=/var/derby_data option.

--
Karl Ostendorf