Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by gs...@tce.edu on 2010/02/26 07:52:37 UTC

How Hadoop Works??

hi all
    when studying how hadoop framework works i have noticed that
map reduce in turn uses apache lucene for creating index for scheduled
new data and solr for creating instances. Is that right???
thanks
sujitha

This email was sent using TCEMail Service.
Thiagarajar College of Engineering
Madurai-625 015, India

RE: Map-Reduce for Security

Posted by "Segel, Mike" <ms...@navteq.com>.
Suji,

I'm only a couple of months in to using Map/Reduce, but I think you have a couple of issues.
What do you mean by 'security'? ('Security' can mean different things to different people.)

Map/Reduce works at the 'row' level.
So if you were to encrypt the data, you'd have to encrypt it on a row by row basis and you'd have to work out how you recognize the end of each 'row'.

Then in the map() method, you'd have to decrypt, do something, and encrypt the data output.
In your reduce() method, you'd have to decrypt, do something and then encrypt the data output.

This will secure your data. How well will be determined by how you design your map reduce jobs.

HTH

-Mike

Re: How Hadoop Works??

Posted by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com>.
BTW you can also take a look at this book (complete draft of all chapters
available for download for free)
http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~jimmylin/book.html

Lukas

Re: How Hadoop Works??

Posted by Lukáš Vlček <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Terminal Level Authentication

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@linkedin.com>.
On Oct 13, 2010, at 4:00 AM, Sujitha wrote:

> Hi all,
>        As a part of my research i am trying to authenticate users.For
> this i created a Browser Level Kerberos authentication.

	SPNEGO or something custom?

> After that
> i have identified issues related to cookies on the browser side.
>        So shall i move towards terminal level authentication??
> Suggestions Please.

kinit (username) will generate a TGT for a user.

Terminal Level Authentication

Posted by Sujitha <gs...@tce.edu>.
Hi all,
        As a part of my research i am trying to authenticate users.For
this i created a Browser Level Kerberos authentication.After that

Re: How Hadoop Works??

Posted by Sujitha <gs...@tce.edu>.

--
Suji