Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Bakhrom Fayzullaev <ba...@fayzullaev.com> on 2010/08/13 08:18:44 UTC

ERP software or SAP systems required

Good day,
I'm interested in software which could solve our company problem. Our
company specializes in oil and gas production.

In each borehole cavity there are three stream pipes. Several boreholes have
one accumulating reservoir. All oil is accumulated in that reservoir. In
these reservoirs there is electronic meter is established. We can't identify
from which borehole how much oil flows. Thus, we want to install these
meters to all boreholes and control it from our office which situated in
another city. Moreover, we want to have an opportunity to supervise it by
webcams live.
What kind of technical data should we provide?

Thank you in advance. Looking forward for your rapid answer.

Sincerely,
Bakhrom Fayzullaev

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
+998(97)785-52-30

RE: ERP software or SAP systems required

Posted by Swapnil Sawant <Sw...@lntinfotech.com>.
Logically speaking we should be able to track below two things :

        - the speed at which the oil flows through each borehole. I am not sure about UOM though. Amount of oil may be  measured in litre etc. (If litre is the UOM for quantity then UOM for speed can be something like                                               (litre/mins) OR (litre/seconds) etc).
        - time (in mins/seconds) for which each borehole is functioning.

Thanks & Regards,
Swapnil Sawant

I'm interested in software which could solve our company problem. Our
company specializes in oil and gas production.

In each borehole cavity there are three stream pipes. Several boreholes have
one accumulating reservoir. All oil is accumulated in that reservoir. In
these reservoirs there is electronic meter is established. We can't identify
from which borehole how much oil flows. Thus, we want to install these
meters to all boreholes and control it from our office which situated in
another city. Moreover, we want to have an opportunity to supervise it by
webcams live.
What kind of technical data should we provide?

Thank you in advance. Looking forward for your rapid answer.

Sincerely,
Bakhrom Fayzullaev

Tashkent, Uzbekistan
+998(97)785-52-30

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.

Re: ERP software or SAP systems required

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
What you need is a "supervisory control and data acquisition" (SCADA)
system then that is feed into software like Ofbiz and/or SAP.
SAP is the Name of a Company as well as a Database.
Ofbiz is open source.
Each borehole would be a facility and the Scada data would be inventory
received, basically.
there would be some modification of the OTTB Ofbiz.

Bakhrom Fayzullaev sent the following on 8/12/2010 11:18 PM: